Of these 1209 rabies investigations,
- 612 involved domestic dogs,
- 83 involved stray / unknown dogs,
- 307 involved domestic cats,
- 87 involved stray / feral cats,
- The remaining investigations involved other animals, including bats, raccoons, and other small animals.
In 2021, two bats have tested positive for rabies within the Middlesex-London area. One bat was from the City of London and the other was from Glencoe. Low numbers of positive bats have been seen over the past few years.
View the yearly Summary Rabies Observation Reports on this web page for more information.