Middlesex-London Health Unit

🔍 or Ask a Question
Inner Nav

Immunization Records and Reporting

The Middlesex-London Health Unit is part of an electronic database that holds immunization records for every student who attends day care and school in Ontario.

Important Notice
Upgrades to provincial immunization database
June 28 to July 3

The provincial immunization database is being upgraded between Thursday, June 28 at 5:00 p.m. and Tuesday, July 3 at 8:00 a.m. During this timeframe, immunization records and information will not be accessible from the Immunization Connect Ontario (ICON) Online System or by calling the Middlesex-London Health Unit. The Health Unit’s Immunization Clinic in London will also close early at 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, June 28.


View and Submit Immunizations Online

NEW: Immunization Connect Ontario (ICON) Online System

You can now view and download your current immunization record online. Like your Yellow Card, only better. Keep track of immunizations by reporting them to your Public Health Unit. Submitting and obtaining records are now self-serve options for parents.

Record of TB Skin Test
The Immunization Connect Ontario (ICON) Online System does not include records of TB skin tests. If you received a TB skin test from the Health Unit’s Immunization Clinic, you can request your record by calling 519-663-5317 ext. 2452. It may take up to 3-5 business days to receive it. If you received a TB skin test from another location, you will need to contact that office to request your record.


Immunization Record

Immunization Record

View larger image →


Step 1

You will require your Ontario Health Card Number (OHCN) and Ontario Immunization ID Number (OIID)

  • If submitting dates, you may only require your OHCN.
  • Call the Health Unit to get the Immunization ID Number if the system asks you for it, in order to "view" or retrieve your records (519-663-5317 ext. 2452). Please note that you cannot ask for this ID number by email or fax.
  • If you have been out of high school for more than 15 years, you did not attend school in Ontario, or you have had a name change, you may not be in the database and will need to call the health unit to check.

Step 2

Visit the Ontario Immunization Connect (ICON) link and enter the OHCN and OIID numbers.

  • Enter your email address and choose a PIN # so that you can access the site at any time

Step 3

Select "View Immunizations" or "Submit Immunizations"

  • If entering the vaccine dates, always upload a picture of your record with it.
  • If downloading your record, save it on your computer as a PDF for future use.
  • Please note that students 16 years of age and older should access their own records online through ICON.

You can download a record at any time.

There will be a time delay before newly submitted information shows up on a downloaded record. Using ICON is still the quickest way to submit and retrieve records.


If you experience any issues using ICON, please call 519-663-5317 ext. 2452.

Immunization Record Requests

Immunization record requests will no longer be taken by email or fax. You can only access your records using ICON. Health care providers in London and Middlesex County can continue to use these methods for purposes of providing full immunization assessment and administration within their offices.

Other Options to Submit Immunizations

You can also submit your immunization dates to the Health Unit through the following methods:

  • Fax: 519-663-0416
  • Phone: 519-663-5317 ext 2330
  • In person: 50 King St. London

Child Care, Elementary and Secondary Schools

Ontario Immunization Schedule

Every year, public health nurses look at the records for students in licensed child cares, elementary and secondary schools. This is done to make sure student records are complete according to the Ontario Immunization Schedule. If your child's record is not up-to-date, you may receive a letter asking for the information.

The Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014, and  Immunization of School Pupils Act, R.S.O., 1990 are laws that allow the Health Unit to ask for and record immunization information for all students. If the information is not received by a certain date, suspensions from day care and school may occur, according to these laws. The Health Unit requests your cooperation in getting the information in within a timely manner to avoid this. Please note that healthcare provider offices do not automatically send vaccine records to the Health Unit when your children are immunized. It is up to parents to report vaccines to the Health Unit.

Day Care

If your child is in day care, the Health Unit and the day care both need to keep the information on file, please send a copy to each.

School Age Students

If your child is in school, please do not bring immunization information to the school, as they are not required to keep the information on file. The Health Unit is the only place where immunization records are kept for students in Ontario. If your child's records are outside of the province, it may take some time to obtain them. It is up to parents to request these records.

Learn more about school immunization clinics and records, including exemption options.

Date of creation: January 24, 2013
Last modified on: June 12, 2018