MLHU Administration Policy 5-112 reflects our commitment to providing integrated services to persons with disabilities in a manner that respects their dignity and independence, is respectful of their disabilities, and offers the same opportunity to access MLHU goods and services in the same place and in a similar way as other members of the public. This policy complies with the requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and its regulations.
Middlesex-London Health Unit will:
- Welcome people with disabilities who are accompanied by a service animal or support person, or who use assistive devices, to our workplaces that are open to the public;
- Provide a notice of temporary disruption in the event of a planned or unexpected disruption in services;
- Welcome feedback from customers with disabilities and respond to any complaints about service in a timely manner;
- Train all staff upon hire to consider persons with disabilities in our day-to-day work and to take their disabilities into account when communicating and interacting with them
- Identify and regularly review the Administration and Service area policies and consider the impact of policy revisions for persons with disabilities
- Upon request, provide emergency and public safety information accessible to persons with disabilities, in accessible formats or with communication supports
Use one of the following ways to request a copy of this document, or other documents required under the AODA, in an accessible format:
- Put your request on the Customer Feedback Form (PDF 53KB) which is also available from the receptionist in each MLHU office. You may request assistance from MLHU staff to complete the form.
- Call the Middlesex-London Health Unit at 519 663-5317 ext. 2290.
- E-mail your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last modified on: October 20, 2014