- Booster Seats
In Ontario, a child must be secured in a booster seat until he or she is 8 years old, or weighs 80 lbs. (36 kg.) or is 4 ft. 9 in. (145 cm.) tall.
- Distracted Driving
Buckle up and keep your phone down! A moment of distraction is all it takes to change a life.
- Water Safety
Remember to always supervise children when they’re in or around water.
- Sun Safety
Be sun safe to decrease your risk of skin cancer.
- Share the Road
Be respectful. Be courteous. Look out for cyclists on the road, slow down and only pass when it’s safe to pass.
- Give Your Child a Safe Start
View, download and print the Give Your Child a Safe Start booklet. For young children, most injuries happen in the home.
- Safety Never Hurts Newsletter
Subscribe to the Safety Never Hurts Newsletter, which is a seasonal newsletter for parents and caregivers of young children.
- Always supervise young children and keep them within arm’s reach
- Watch your step, prevent falls
- Avoid over exposure to the sun
- Install your child’s car seat properly and make sure it is the right seat for your child
- Pay attention to others and share the road
- Get the latest updates by subscribing to Consumer Product Safety alerts
- Middlesex-London Health Unit
519-663-5317 ext. 2220