- Find a Flu Shot Clinic
Get the flu shot! Protect yourself and your family. Find a participating flu shot clinic near you.
- Infectious Diseases (A-Z Listing)
Access the A-Z listing of infectious diseases, which includes fact sheets about chickenpox, fifth’s disease, influenza, etc.
- A Guide to Common Infections
View, download and print A Guide to Common Infections, which provides information about various types of infections.
Prevent and Control the Spread of Diseases
The goal of the Infectious Disease Control Team is to prevent and control the spread of diseases through:
- Inspections of institutional food premises; including long-term care homes, retirement homes, hospitals and childcare centres
- Monitoring and responding to outbreaks in institutions and the community
- Follow-up of people with reportable diseases such as tuberculosis, the flu (Influenza) and hepatitis
- Inspections of personal services settings like tattoo and piercing shops, nail salons and barber shops
- Providing education and consultation services to local agencies, schools and the public about infection prevention and control