Ontario Seniors Dental Care Program
Free Routine Dental Care for Eligible Seniors
The Ontario Seniors Dental Care Program provides high quality dental care to all seniors who qualify. Seniors are more prone to dental decay, gum disease and oral cancer than other groups, so it is important to have regular dental checkups. Untreated dental issues can lead to more problems in the future, including chronic disease. If you are unable to afford dental care, this program may be for you.
Who is eligible?
You may be eligible if you:
- Are 65 or older
- Are a resident of Ontario
- Have an annual net income of $22,200 or less for a single person or a combined annual net income of $37,100 or less for a couple
- Have no access to any other form of dental benefits (e.g. private insurance or other government program)
What services are covered?
- Examinations and assessments
- Preventive services
- Restorative services to repair broken teeth and cavities
- Oral surgery to remove teeth or abnormal tissue
- Endodontic services to treat infection and pain
- Periodontal services to treat gum conditions and diseases.
- Prosthodontic services, including dentures, are partially covered.
Apply online at www.ontario.ca/SeniorsDental
If you have any questions about the application process, please call 416-916-0204
What happens if I am approved?
Once your application has been approved, you will be mailed a welcome package and a dental card. To receive services, present this card to the Public Health Unit, Community Health Centre, or Aboriginal Health Access Centre providing the service.
You will be notified each year of your eligibility for continued participation in the program, or about how to re-apply to the program if that is required.
Once you have been approved and you have received your dental card from the Ontario Seniors Dental Care Program, you can book an appointment at the Middlesex-London Health Unit’s Dental Clinic.
To book your appointment:
Please call 519-663-5317 (ask to speak with Oral Health)
For more information, please visit www.ontario.ca/SeniorsDental.
Last modified on: July 7, 2021