Birth Control Clinics
The services we offer at our Birth Control Clinic include:
- Birth Control Counselling
- Low cost birth control
- Low cost emergency contraception
- Pregnancy testing (*based on assessment)
- Cervical Cancer Screening
- STI/infection checks/Pelvic Pain
- IUD consultation
- IUD insertion
- Free condoms
To book an appointment, please call the Health Unit at 519-663-5317. NOTE: Your appointment may be scheduled virtually using the Ontario Telemedicine Network (OTN) or in-person at the Health Unit.
We ask that only the person requiring service enters the waiting room. *Special circumstances will be reviewed.
Face masks required for all clients visiting clinics at the Middlesex-London Health Unit
Please bring your own mask, if you do not have a mask, one will be provided to you.
Birth control prices increasing August 1, 2019
The price of the following birth control will be increasing due to an increase in manufacture prices. The table below is an update of the birth control prices at The Clinic. These prices will take effect on August 1, 2019.
* Prices to increase from current to posted price December 31, 2019
Demulen 30 - Product Discontinuation
Due to manufacturer discontinuation, Demulen 30 is no longer available. If you are on Demulen 30 and see our physicians, please speak to a nurse regarding your options. If you have a prescription from your family physician you will need to return to them and seek an alternative.
Oral Contraceptives - Product Discontinuation
The Manufacturer has decided to no longer continue to supply oral contraceptives.
|Oral Contraceptive||Expected date of depletion|
|Tri-Cyclen||No longer available|
|Tri-Cyclen Lo||No longer available|
Birth Control Prices
|$7.00 / pkg||
|$10.00 / pkg||
Emergency Contraceptive – Plan B (Morning After Pill)
|$12.00 / pkg||
|$15.00 / pkg||
|$20.00 / pkg||Loestrin (out of stock of until January 2021)
|$50.00||Liberte UT 380 Short IUD (5 yr)|
|$50.00||Liberte TT 380 Standard IUD (10 yr)|
|$60.00||Mona Lisa N (3 yr)*
Mona Lisa IUD 5 Standard*, 5 Mini (5 yr)*
|$60.00||Flexi-T 380+ IUD (5 yr)|
COVID-19 is placing stress on Canada's public health system. Our clinic is starting to offer virtual care to make sure that we can continue to care for our patients safely and effectively. This means that we will be using video and audio technologies for some patient visits rather than asking all patients to come into our office. Some of these technologies are provided by the Province. Some health concerns can be addressed with virtual care alone, but in some cases your doctor may ask you to visit for a physical examination.
We do our best to make sure that any information you give to us during virtual care visits is private and secure, but no video or audio tools are ever completely secure. There is an increased security risk that your health information may be intercepted or disclosed to third parties when using video or audio communications tools. To help us keep your information safe and secure, you can:
- Understand that audio calls you receive are not secure in the same way as a private appointment in an exam room.
- Use a private computer/device (i.e., not an employer's or third party's computer/device), secure accounts, and a secure internet connection. For example, using a personal and encrypted email account is more secure than an unencrypted email account, and your access to the Internet on your home network will generally be more secure than an open guest Wi-Fi connection.
- You should also understand that electronic communication is not a substitute for in-person communication or clinical examinations, where appropriate, or for attending the Emergency Department when needed (including for any urgent care that may be required).
If you are concerned about using video or audio tools for virtual care, let us know. We will speak with you about your options.
By providing your information, you agree to let us collect, use, or disclose your personal health information through video or audio communications (while following applicable privacy laws) in order to provide you with care. In particular, the following means of electronic communication may be used videoconferencing (OTN).
Last modified on: August 11, 2021