How were these resources developed?
These toolkits were designed to support The Foundations for a Healthy School resource. It recommends that health topics are addressed across each of the components of the framework which include:
- Curriculum teaching and learning;
- School and classroom leadership;
- Student engagement;
- Social and physical environment; and
- School and community partnerships.
To contact the Child and Youth Program Team at the Middlesex-London Health Unit, please call 519-663-5317.
Highlights of the Toolkits:
- Contain curriculum connected activities that can be used in the classroom and school to reinforce learning of various practices
- Activities to support school and classroom leadership and student engagement
- School level initiatives to create supportive environments. School announcements, recipes and newsletter inserts to send home