A minimum of 60 minutes of physical activity
- Activities can be spread out over the day.
- Activities should cause harder breathing and sweating such as bike riding, skipping, climbing on playground equipment or dancing.
Several hours each day of light activities
- Walking to school
- Helping with household chores (inside and outside)
Active kids sleep better
- Ages 5 to 13 years old need 9-11 hours per night
- Ages 14 to 17 year olds need 8-10 hours per night
Sit less, move more
- Limit recreational screen time to no more than 2 hours
- Limit sitting for extended periods
Image source: ParticipACTION
Build Your Best Day!
Learn about the Canadian 24-Hour Movement Guidelines for Children and Youth (aged 5-17) the fun way with this interactive experience.