- Ontario Public Pools Regulation (R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 565)1
View the requirements public pools and other recreational water facilities must follow.
- Recreational Water Refence Document, 20192 (PDF 449KB)
View this document to obtain additional information and best practices for your recreational water facility.
The Public Pool and Public Spa Operators Guide (PDF 10.9MB) was developed by the Middlesex-London Health Unit to help operators carry out their duties and protect bathers from recreational water illnesses and life-threatening injuries. However, it is important that operators know and follow the Ontario Public Pools Regulation (R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 565)1 because the guide does not include all sections of the Regulations.
Please note that this guide is based on the Regulation requirements that were in place before July 1, 2018. A revised guide is being prepared and will be released as soon as it is available.
- Public Pool Records Log (PDF 211KB)
Download and print to keep daily records for a public pool.
- Public Pool Monthly Testing Log (PDF 25KB)
Download and print to keep monthly records for a public pool.
- Public Spa Records Log (PDF 214KB)
Download and print to keep daily records for a public spa.
- Public Spa Monthly Tesing Log (PDF 35KB)
Download and print to keep monthly records for a public spa.
- Notification of Opening a Recreational Water Facility form (PDF 147KB)
Do you have a brand new recreational water facility?
Fill this form out to notify the Health Unit that you are opening a recreational water facility.
- Notification of Re-opening a Recreational Water Facility form (PDF 138KB)
Were you closed for more than four weeks or for construction?
Fill this form out to notify the Health Unit that you are re-opening a recreational water facility.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has many useful resources that can be accessed through the search bar on their website. CDC.gov is your online source for credible health information and is the official website of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Search on CDC.gov for the following helpful resources:
- Fecal Incident and Outbreak Response
- On this web page view the Fecal Incident Response Guidelines and the Water Contamination Response Log
- Cleaning Up Body Fluid Spills on Pool Surfaces
- Vomit & Blood Contamination of Pool Water
Last modified on: June 1, 2020