Following the direction of the Provincial Government, the Middlesex-London Health Unit will expand COVID-19 vaccine eligibility to the following groups:
Adults 50 years of age and older
Essential workers who cannot work from home (Group one from Phase two of Ontario’s vaccine rollout plan), including:
- Elementary/secondary school workers (including educators, custodial, school bus drivers, administrative staff)
- Workers responding to critical events (including police, fire, special constables, children’s aid society workers, emergency management, critical infrastructure restoration workers)
- Enforcement, inspection and compliance roles (including by-law enforcement, building inspectors, food inspectors, animal welfare inspectors, border inspection officers, labour inspectors/WSIB field workers)
- Foster care agency workers (including customary care providers)
- Food manufacturing and distribution workers (excluding restaurant workers)
- Agriculture and farm workers
- Funeral, crematorium and cemetery workers
Eligible adults will be able to book COVID-19 vaccine appointments starting at 8:00 a.m., Thursday, May 6th. Eligible essential workers who cannot work from home will require a username and password from their employer in order to book an appointment.
Employers can pre-register here under the category of “Essential workers who cannot work from home”. Once an essential worker group is eligible, the Health Unit will contact employers with appointment booking information, which can then be shared with staff members.
To review the complete list of essential workers who cannot work from home, click here (Ontario’s COVID-19: Guidance for Prioritization of Phase 2 Populations for COVID-19 Vaccination).
As a result of expanded eligibility and direction resulting from the Province’s vaccination rollout plan, the work of the Vaccine Prioritization Advisory Committee will come to an end with the publication of today’s vaccine eligibility memo. We thank the members of the committee for their advice and guidance as vaccine eligibility in London and Middlesex County was opened to additional groups and sectors.
How to book an appointment:
- Book online at www.covidvaccinelm.ca (new appointments open daily at 8:00 a.m.)
- Call 226-289-3560 (8:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., Monday to Sunday)
For more information about COVID-19 vaccine eligibility visit: www.healthunit.com/covid-19-vaccine-eligibility
For information on Ontario’s COVID-19 vaccination plan, visit: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/ontarios-covid-19-vaccination-plan
Dan Flaherty, Communications Manager, Middlesex-London Health Unit, 519-617-0570 (cell.)