Food Premises Concerns
Members of the public can notify the Health Unit about any food safety or food related concerns they have about a food premises. Some concerns may include, but are not limited to:
- Employees are not washing their hands before handling food.
- Employees are working while they are sick.
- Food is not being made in a clean kitchen.
- Food was eaten at a restaurant and the person was sick after (vomiting, diarrhea, stomach cramps, etc.).
- Calories displayed incorrectly on menus (i.e. Healthy Menu Choices Act).
Note: Please contact the Canadian Food Inspection Agency directly if you have concerns about:
- a prepackaged food product that is manufactured by a company and for sale at a different food premises, or
- the labelling of a prepackaged food product.
View the Canadian Food Inspection Agency's Report a Food Safety or Labelling Concern web page for more information and/or to report concerns online, or call 1-800-442-2342.
Last modified on: January 4, 2023
Notify the Health Unit
To notify the Health Unit about a food safety or food related concern, please contact the Environmental Health Team:
Note: The inspections e-mail will be checked throughout regular business hours (Monday to Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm).
All complaints will be followed up by a Public Health Inspector in a timely manner.