Guidance for Individuals Vaccinated Outside of Ontario/Canada
If you are a resident of Ontario and you were vaccinated in another province or country, you should report this information to your local public health unit, to assist with either completing your vaccination and/or validating your vaccination record in the provincial COVID-19 reporting system (COVAXon).
Submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination received out of Ontario or Canada
All doses received outside of Ontario or Canada can now be submitted electronically. To submit your proof of COVID-19 vaccination, please click the link below.
Please Note: It may take up to 21 days to process an out-of-Ontario or out-of-Canada COVID-19 vaccine submission.
An Ontario Health Card is not required to submit proof of “out of province” doses. If you do not have an Ontario Health Card, you will be prompted to upload another piece of ID (birth certificate, driver's license, employee ID, Indian Status Card or Indigenous Membership Card, passport, or out of province health card). Individuals with a valid Ontario Health Card can download their proof of vaccination following their vaccine submission and approval at covid19.ontariohealth.ca.
Individuals without an Ontario Health Card can obtain a client ID and link to download their proof of vaccination by calling 226-289-3560 (Monday to Friday between 9:00AM and 5:00PM).
How to submit out-of-province or out-of-country COVID-19 vaccination records to the Middlesex-London Health Unit
Please follow the instructions below for more information on how to submit out-of-Province or out-of-Country COVID-19 vaccination records to the Middlesex-London Health Unit.
If you have not received all the recommended doses of COVID-19 vaccine in Ontario
Attend a COVID-19 vaccine clinic to receive recommended doses. To see the full list COVID-19 vaccine clinic locations in London and Middlesex County, please visit www.healthunit.com/covid-19-vaccine-clinics.
On the day of your appointment:
- Bring all previous documentation of vaccine doses, which indicates your name, as well as the date, place and type of vaccine you received, while outside of Ontario/Canada.
- Your COVID-19 vaccine documentation will be assessed to determine if you are eligible for additional doses based on the type of vaccine you received and the date you received your vaccine.
- If the vaccine you received is not currently authorized by Health Canada, you may be eligible for another dose now. Learn more here: COVID-19 vaccines authorized for use by Health Canada.
If you are unable to submit proof of vaccination electronically
If you are unable to submit electronically, bring proof of your vaccination along with your Ontario Health Card or alternate identification that includes your name and date of birth to the Western Fair Clinic, Tuesday to Saturday between 11:00AM and 6:00PM.
- The number of doses that are currently recommended for you or members of your family will differ, depending on the date of the last dose given and other eligibility factors.
- If you are unsure if your vaccine series is valid in Ontario, or if you require more doses now, please contact the Health Unit at 519-663-5317 or inquire at the clinic.
- Individuals should receive all doses of COVID-19 vaccine that are currently recommended. Visit the Recommended Doses guidance to see if you are up to date.
If you received a COVID-19 vaccine but do not have documentation or are unsure which vaccine you received
If you do not know which vaccine product you received outside of Ontario or Canada, or you do not have proof of immunization, try to contact the out of Province/Country clinic or location where you received your first dose or vaccine series.
If you are still unable to determine which COVID-19 vaccine you received, you can book an appointment at one of the Health Unit’s COVID-19 vaccination clinics for assessment to see if you are eligible for a dose now. More information is available at www.healthunit.com/covid-19-vaccine.
How do I know if I am eligible for additional doses of COVID-19 vaccine in Ontario?
A full list of eligibility criteria is available at www.healthunit.com/covid-19-vaccine-eligibility.
Last modified on: October 22, 2023