- Path of the Pill
A useful patient video linked with permission from the Partnership for a Drug Free Canada.
- Teens and Substance Misuse
Video series highlights information about talking to teens about alcohol and other drugs, factors that put teens at risk for alcohol and other drug use. signs of alcohol and other drug use in teens, risks for teens of using alcohol and other drugs, what to do if you suspect a teen is using alcohol or other drugs and setting boundaries and consequences for teens regarding alcohol and other drugs.
- Parent Action Pack: Stats, Facts and Talking Points About Alcohol and Other Drugs
A useful resource for parents and caregivers of adolescents in the 14 -18 year age range.
Key Documents/Best Practice Guidelines/References
- This guideline includes:Scope of the Guideline and How to Use the Guideline
- Background and Methods
- Initiation and Dosing
- Rotation and Tapering
- Best Practice Statements
- Expert Guidance
- Risk mitigation
With guidance from the Expert Working Group on Narcotic Addiction, the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care has developed in collaboration with the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) a series of Opioid Advice for health care providers:
- Detection and Management of Acute Opioid Withdrawal in Non-Pregnant Patients Prescribed Opioids for Chronic Pain [PDF]
- Detection and Management of Acute Opioid Intoxication [PDF]
- Switching Opioids Safely to Prevent Overdose for Outpatients Prescribed Opioids for Chronic Pain [PDF]
- Management of Opioid Dependence in Pregnancy and of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome (NAS) [PDF]
Point of Care Tool
Primary Care Addiction Toolkit
This practical reference has been created for healthcare providers who work in a primary care setting and who have patients with substance use problems. The toolkit addresses common clinical issues and provides useful clinical tools and resources for patients.
The Primary Care Addiction Toolkit includes four modules:
Programs and Services
- Connex Ontario
Connext Ontario (1-800-565-8603) provides free, confidential health services for people living with substance use problems. A live operator is available 24 hours a day who can connect your patient with programs in the community.
- Needle Exchange
- Naloxone Program
- Middlesex-London Addiction Services (PDF)
This document lists addiction support services that are available in Middlesex-London.
- Strathroy-Caradoc Addiction Services (PDF)
This document lists addiction support services that are available in Strathroy-Caradoc.