Common sources of day-to-day stress:
- Family issues or problems with parents
- School-related problems or pressures
- Feelings of loneliness
- Peer relationships such as boyfriend-girlfriend breakups or being bullied
Other kinds of stress might be:
- taking on too many activities
- having too high expectations
- family money problems
- unsafe living environment/neighbourhood
- death of a loved one
- moving to a new community
- changing schools
For more information about how to help a teenager deal with stress see: Are You Stressed Yet? (PDF 794KB).
To contact the Child and Youth Program Team at the Middlesex-London Health Unit, please call 519-663-5317.