Workplace Health - Resources
The Middlesex-London Health Unit's Health at Work 4 All! program offers a variety of workplace resources.
Encourage colleagues to reduce their health risks associated with alcohol use. Find resources at www.rethinkyourdrinking.ca.
Do you or your co-workers have questions about food and healthy eating? Call Health Connection Ontario at 811 to speak to a Registered Dietitian. Calls are answered Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (Tuesdays and Thursdays until 9pm). Translation services available in over 120 languages.
- Toolkit: Creating a Healthy Workplace Nutrition Environment (Ontario Dietitians in Public Health)
- The Nine Essential Elements of a Healthy Workplace Nutrition Environment (Ontario Dietitians in Public Health)
- www.unlockfood.ca (Dietitians of Canada)
The Health Unit offers a variety of parenting groups, classes and resources. Find information and support at www.iparent.net. Parenting can be demanding, no matter what age your kids are! There are ways to stay positive and deal with challenge.
- [Bookmark] iParent (PDF)
The following resources are available to provide support for your workplace.
A health fair is an educational and interactive event designed to provide basic health and wellness information to people in a community or workplace. This guide gives you the information you need to plan, implement and evaluate a successful health fair in your organization or community.
Meetings are a central part of today’s world of work and may involve food, drinks and long periods of sitting. Meetings should be an efficient way to disseminate information, obtain feedback or make collective decisions. However, sometimes there are too many meetings or they are inefficient and don’t meet their anticipated goals.
The Healthy Meetings 4 All! document is intended to help users host meetings, conferences or events that are different; that foster a learning environment where participants stay alert, productive and engaged throughout the event. This can encourage and support healthier choices at home and at work and will also support event participants in their healthy living goals.
Explore how effective coping strategies and supportive work environments can help manage personal and work-related stress and result in better work-life-family balance.
- [Booklet] Healthy Work Life Balance (PDF)
- [Factsheet] Mental Well-being in the Workplace (PDF)
- [Factsheet] Respect (PDF)
- [Factsheet] Shift Work and Health (PDF)
- [Factsheet] Work Demands (PDF)
- [Factsheet] Work life balance for employees (PDF)
- [Factsheet] Work life balance for managers and leaders (PDF)
- [Factsheet] Work Stress (PDF)
Last modified on: May 10, 2022