- Always look for labels on products. Some products need information with the manufacturer, the model number and the date of manufacture for example cribs and car seats.
- Ask questions about the product such as:
- how old is it?
- how much use has it had?
- have there been any repairs to the product?
- Make sure the product is not damaged. Always look for missing, loose or broken parts.
- Check Consumer Product Safety Recalls from Healthy Canadians to see if the product has been recalled.1
For more information, visit Information for Shoppers of Second-hand Products from Health Canada.
Last modified on: July 11, 2017