Can my Child Eat too Much Protein?
Eating too much protein can be harmful. A diet with excess amounts of protein can cause:4
- Loss of calcium from the body
- Kidney damage
- Build-up of toxins in the blood
What Foods contain Protein?
- Best sources: Meat, poultry, fish, eggs, tofu
- Good sources: Legumes, nuts, nut butters, seeds, seed butters, milk, cheese, cottage cheese, soy beverages, yogurt
- Contain some protein: Whole grain breads, rice, pasta, quinoa, barley
Do you have questions about food and healthy eating? Call Telehealth Ontario and speak to a Registered Dietitian. It's free!
- Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
- Translation services are available