- Actively supervise young children
- Use the appropriate product for the appropriate age and stage of the child
- Know how to use children’s products safely and always follow the manufacturer’s instructions
- Stay up to date on the latest consumer product recalls
- Use caution when buying second-hand products
- Be aware before buying products over the border as some products have Canadian safety requirements
For more information on Product Safety, visit Health Canada Consumer Product Safety.
Find out more about the safe use of children's products by watching the video Give Your Child a Safe Start.
For more information, please contact the Child Safety Middlesex-London line at (519) 663-5317 ext. 2223 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.