- Ontario Public Pools Regulation (R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 565)1
View the requirements public pools must follow.
- Ontario Public Spas Regulation (O. Reg. 428/05)2
View the requirements public spas must follow.
The Public Pool and Public Spa Operators Guide (PDF 10.9MB) was developed by the Middlesex-London Health Unit to help operators carry out their duties and protect bathers from recreational water illnesses and life-threatening injuries. However, it is important that operators know and follow the Ontario Public Pools Regulation (R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 565)1 and the Ontario Public Spas Regulation (O. Reg. 428/05)2 because the guide does not include all sections of the Regulations.
- Notification of Opening a Public Pool/Spa form (PDF 196KB)
Do you have a brand new public pool or spa?
Fill this form out to notify the Health Unit that you are opening a public pool or public spa.
- Notification of Re-Opening a Public Pool/Spa form (PDF 194KB)
Were you closed for more than four weeks or for construction?
Fill this form out to notify the Health Unit that you are re-opening a public pool or public spa.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has many useful resources that can be accessed through the search bar on their website. CDC.gov is your online source for credible health information and is the official website of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Search on CDC.gov for the following helpful resources:
- Water Contamination Response Log
- Healthy Swimming: Fecal Incident Response Recommendations for Pool Staff, and
- Disinfection of Hot Tubs Contaminated with Legionella
Last modified on: October 13, 2017