If you have health care coverage, but do not have a primary care provider:
- you can register with Health Care Connect - a program through the Ontario government that will help you find a family doctor or nurse practitioner. To sign up for Health Care Connect you can call 1-800-445-1822 or complete the online application form.
- A list of walk-in medical clinics is available on southwesthealthline.ca
If you do not have health care coverage, you may be able to access primary care services from a Community Health Centre:
- London Intercommunity Health Centre:
If you do not have a health card and are a resettled refugee, protected person, refugee claimant or victim of human trafficking, you are eligible for health care coverage through the Interim Federal Health Program:
- The type and length of coverage depends on one’s status in Canada.
- Some people who are covered by the Interim Federal Health Program (IFHP) also receive OHIP coverage.
- More information is available on the Government of Canada website.
Last modified on: April 30, 2019
- Free, confidential health advice or general health information from a Registered Nurse