How is the balanced school day different?
The balanced school day includes three – 100 minute blocks of teaching time, separated by two 40-45-minute nutrition/activity breaks.
Organizing meals for the balanced school day
- Ask your child how they would like their meals organized.
- Options for nutrition breaks:
- Break # 1 – snacks; Break # 2 – lunch
- Break # 1 – mini lunch; Break # 2 – mini lunch
- Be sure to also check- in with your child to see if they are getting the right amount of food each day. If food is coming home at the end of the day, you may want to send less food or try smaller portions. If your child tells you they are hungry you could try to increase the amount of food. Check in often as appetites and food preferences change!